A luscious, rich, and delightful kofta curry packed with the goodness of carrot spinach, paneer, and potatoes, shahi tiranga kofta is perfect to amp up your next dinner party menu.
Ingredients Of Shahi Tirangi Kofta
50 gms carrot 200 gms spinach 100 gms paneer 50 gms potato (boiled) to taste salt White pepper (5 gm for kofta and 5 gm for the gravy) 5-gram garam masala powder 2-3 Garlic cloves 10 gms cheese 20 gms refined flour 5-gram ginger, finely chopped 5-gram green chili, finely chopped 500 ml of oil 2 medium onions 30 gms cashew nuts 5-gram ginger-garlic paste 5-gram green chili paste 3-4 Cloves 1-inch stick cinnamon 2 Green cardamom 2 Bay leaves 50 ml fresh cream
How to Make Shahi Tirangi Kofta
1.Boil the spinach and finely chop
2. Heat oil in a pan and sauté chopped garlic add chopped spinach and stir till all moisture evaporates.
3. Add the grated cheese and keep aside.
4. Grate the carrot mix with some boiled potato and keep aside.
5. Now grate the paneer, mix boiled potato along with salt, white pepper, chopped green chilly, chopped ginger, garam masala powder, and refined flour.
6. Now take a portion of sautéed spinach and form into a ball cover stuff it into a ball of paneer and potato mixture.
7. Cover this ball again with carrot and potato mixture, keep aside.
8. Similarly, make the balls of all remaining mixture.
9.Deep fry the koftas/balls in the remaining oil. Dry and keep aside.
Prepare Shahi Gravy:
1. Soak cashew nuts in water and make a fine paste along with the boiled onions.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and bay leaf and let them crackle for a few seconds.
3. Add the onion and cashew paste along with green chilly paste and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add salt and white pepper powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add 1 cup water and bring the curry to a boil.
7.Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add fresh cream and mix well.
8. Add the kofta cut in two just before serving and serve hot.
9. Garnish it with mint leaves or a sprinkle of kalonji seeds.